Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #1614
fsu32
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK all. Here we go....

We obviously had a good thing going pre-patch, but that ended with the patch, which pretty much cut the cord between the impact of MM sliders (penalties/subs) on Franchise Mode. After the initial shock wore-off.....it was time to pick up the pieces and start again. It is what it is...

So, to accommodate the new patch, King and I had to essentially 'migrate' the old MM penalty and autosub settings over into the Franchise Mode. But, it was a tad complicated as autosubs in FM affect subbing and penalty sliders in FM affect the actual calls...unlike when we had them in the MM. As you might imagine, this took some work, but I think we have a set now that is (at a minimum) on par with what we had with the old set and is, in some respects, better. We learned a couple of other things that will (hopefully) improve the overall gameplay during this process.

As always, please keep any feedback focused on what you're seeing on the field and not as much on the final stats.

Finally, it sometimes takes a couple of weeks of broad testing from a number of people to nail down certain aspects of the set (passing games are the most difficult to judge without a sufficient sample size). It happened with the last set and we were able to nail things down a bit better...it could very well happen this way again. Getting good, solid feedback from you all will be critical to help us attain that as expeditiously as possible.

A couple of notes:
  • Delete your profile in-game before starting (you don't need to reinstall the whole game). Existing franchises should be OK, but I have not tested that.
  • If using a previously started franchise, I recommend hitting reset in the sliders menu and then setting the new sliders manually.
  • For new franchises, just manually enter all of the values within franchise mode.
  • I have only tested using the preseason roster, your mileage may vary on using other rosters (even later versions from EA).
  • I see no need for generic or custom rosters. You may use them as you desire, but play selection is quite solid using default playbooks.
I hope everyone enjoys!!
thank you. what do you think of LB reactions and defensive pursuit angles after patch #2 ?