Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Here ya go bud.

Just wanted to add that I spent about 2 hours going through all your formulas last night to really figure how you went about creating this and god damn bro, you killed it. It was insanely complex and you accounted for almost everything you could. I went about try a few things I've done in the past and damn if you hadn't already implemented it lol.

Also I did experiment with lowering some of the requirements for positions and most were pretty easy fixes. But some were a pain in the *** no joke.

I think the hardest part is coming up with a value (ie True Value Rating) that really covers all positions evenly so you can compare that QB to the CB, etc. I did like lbj273 idea of doing multiple drafts and focusing on one position, recording the data, and seeing where Ovr compares to True Value Ratings. After doing that with all positions (and I know this would take a **** load of work because I'd think we'd need at least 5 sims per position, granted we could do multiple positions per sim but I'd much rather focus on one at a time) we could create a table for each position and then use that as the ultimate compare Rating. Just some thoughts.
Nice one, I'll take a look. Yeah, it's quite a complex spreadsheet to put it mildly... Some of the columns are totally redundant at the moment and were the start of vague notions I had about things like predicting bandings for the player's in game OVR and a few other things I had in the pipeline before i decided to stick with what I had and actually release the thing.

I did run about 10 drafts in the manner you suggest, but about 7 of those were pre-tuning update. I did my best to normalise the true OVR across each position to make it as fair as possible, but obviously there is always room for improvement. The more data we have available the better we can make the check criteria and the more accurate we can make the true OVR.

I was finding about a .75 correlation between true OVR and in game OVR post-draft which I was quite happy with, but this correlation has got a bit worse post tuning update I think. Not checked, but I reckon it's probably down to about a 0.7.