View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #1358
mpd3892
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
I'm running some test sims to check out player fatigue/usage. Basically the league is set up at 32 team control, with all your settings. The main thing I want to see is how team depth is being used. I turned off injuries and fatigue so it's pure sim.

The first test I ran was at 60/80 on all. I specifically looked at skill offensive positions. Backup QBs played in about 50-70 downs and got about 10 attempts. The downs are likely from FG holding. Many backup RBs got over 100 carries, Sproles went for 500 yards. Even 3rd RBs got limited action. On the Jets it was 300-105-7 in the depth chart. The 4th WR got 9 receptions but he was low end as on some teams they got as many as 20 or so.

On the second sim I went 0/1 on QBs and 75/82 on RBs (the rest still 60/80). It was much the same, there was some change as backup QBs nearly never played and the 2nd string RBs got some more rushes; a couple getting 700-800 yards.

To this point the only time backup OL seemed to play was specialized plays. They got 70-95 plays but it was the same amount for all starters and 2 backups. So on the 3rd test I went 90/80 on QBs, RBs and OL. (For the sake of sanity I just did this for the Jets)

Lo and behold...it made barely any difference, maybe a smidgen for RBs. But QBs and OL still played very little. So I went extreme 100/95 on these. Still no change. In my final test I boosted fatigue to 95 with the subs still high.

Still nothing. So what did I learn? Likely fatigue and auto subs have little or nothing to do with simming. However, because I have not read up all the established sub research it does answer the question of what I should focus on. Obviously, all the fatigue and sub settings are pre-defined either internally in the engine or controlled outside CFM. So I should just worry about how things work when the game is being played out.

So going forward, I at least don't have to worry that having the wrong sub settings are going to make the entire sim unrealistic.

Post script:
As a left ditch effort I went extreme on the sliders in the main menu to see if they affected the sim. Absolutely nothing. Good.
Interesting testing and findings. Thanks for sharing. If you are so inclined perhaps you might run the same tests, only this time run them from within the a game using super sim (for time sake run super sim at its fastest setting). I'd be curious to see if that had any effect.