View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #1601
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Still completely surprised on what I played last night.

I highly suggest playing/testing with a new CM, using the newest squad update. For some reason, when loading an existing CM, I experienced some bursting, not from DAA, but from a bit of indifference of the CPU defending players.

Here are some of the positive thoughts. With the exception of the last match (shot speed 51, pass speed 49), these impressions are from default sliders, Slow, 10 mins, World Class difficulty:
- No bursting

- No DAA

- Ball feels "harder" to control, as if FT is set to 60. This is a good thing as it makes players really stand out. You could tell the difference between David Silva and a lower league Notts County player.

- CPU Shielding is definitely not OP

- CPU angles on the side of the 18-yard box are much better

- CPU hand-off of marks/coverage are done quite well, depending on who you're facing.

- Team ID is still evident.

- Fouls are there, although didn't have one above 5 from the CPU, but I'm using 10 minutes.

- The "feel" of players is much more solid. There is actual WEIGHT to the players.

- You can feel the agility of players. A lower center of gravity player has a lot more agility than someone who is 6'2, it's an incredible feeling.

- Acceleration doesn't feel off at all, it is much harder to get to Top Speed with every single player. Dribbling with the ball feels looser, which is great because that's how it should be.

- The instant-punt from the CPU keeper does not occur all the time. Multiple times the CPU would wait till the 6 second indicator displays.

- CPU punts do not go straight to the attacker, who is unmarked. Also saw the attacker head the ball forward, and into space (out of bounds) which wasn't there before.

- CPU defensive line keep their shape much better. The outside backs are much more tucked in than before, almost how FIFA 16 patch 1.05 started, but they recover much earlier, and aren't playing CB. When they are out of position is after an attack that required them to get very far off the pitch, or on corners.

- Ball feels, and looks bigger:

Before:

Spoiler

After:
Spoiler

Areas for Improvement:

Mainly on the ball values, such as:
- Pass Speed for CPU: Felt they overused their driven passes, which reduces the creativity that could potentially be there. Pass Speed definitely makes an impact for the ball physics in the air as well. After setting it to 49, I could see the ball stay up in the air much, much longer than before. It was pretty fantastic.

- Pass Error for CPU: While the % was lower, I feel to lessen the driven pass we need to look at pass speed and pass error.

- Run Frequency: Just to slow the forward-forward, it's not terrible at all, but the pace of play is dictated by the runs. Would like to see them conserve the energy just at tad more. Will explore.

- Shot Speed: This is mainly to combat the save animation and ball deflections. Multiple times I saw the GK get so much to a well driven shot. IRL, they should slightly deflect the ball on these blasts, but in FIFA they tend to "soften" the shot much more often. A couple times the GK could also save the hard shot with both hands, meaning, it would deflect off the right hand, then left hand. These weren't slightly deflected either, the ball took a path from hand-to-hand. May be a bit nitpicky, but once raised Shot Speed to 51, the slight deflections were there - and some pretty awesome shots were matched by realistic looking saves, and also a goal. (only got a match in with it).

Shot speed 51:

Full Match: https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l/v/95011999

Going forward:

Will have to be fairly careful with sliders. Near default is playing quite well. The base of what we have been hoping for is there, and I'm very optimistic. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts, when they get the update.

Last edited by Matt10; 10-15-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove