Old 10-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #200
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
Anyone notice that the draft stories don't always match up?
I've seen this. I got really excited when a 6'5 Tight End apparently ran a 4.3 in the 40 at the combine. But when I looked, it was a 4.8. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
Yeah, that looks like what I'd expect from a draft; drafting 1 superstar development prospects is common, 2 is a bonus, and 3 is rare.

As to your question, yes, I have seen this happen. From what I've noticed, certain Undrafted projected prospects sometimes drop out of the list sometime between the first week the prospects are available to scout and the combine itself. However, I did notice in a draft last night that those same players re-appear during the draft (or at least some of them). In fact, one of those players ended up being a top-35 player after I found him and input his combine stats. Ended up drafting him in the mid-7th and he turned out to be a 76 OVR! So, if they drop away from the list mid-season, make sure to check if they reappear during the draft; many have for me.
Dev traits are pretty much completely random. The only clue I've seen that can give an indicator are certain draft stories. E.g. players who are struggling to learn the playbook often end up with slow, players who win the Heisman usually get superstar (even players who end up with like 70 OVR after they're drafted - if they're Heisman winners they usually seem to be superstars).

There are so many undrafted prospects that the game cycles them in and out of the scouting screen week to week. Group 1 will be one week, Group 2 the next. The really annoying thing though is that some prospects you can scout don't even show up as pickable in the draft.