View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #685
runsondunkin
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

Had my favorite madden game in a while with the Bears vs Cowboys. Final was 9-7. I kept fumbling and focused on stopping zeke. Romo got hurt and dak came in and scored their Td in the 4th. Never had a game where I could not score a TD. With 1:16 left they onside kicked and stopped me 3 times using their Timeouts. Then a key sack on a verticals play caused them to lose a lot of time.

Play calling is another big issue. Those vertical plays should encourage qbs to take shots but instead most will sit there and take a sack or roll out with a throw away. And I'm seeing it called a lot. With man coverage they won't throw it down field even in the 4th with the game on the line. Someone needs to implement an urgency system for the CPU. Depending on how much they are down by they need to start comeback attempts earlier than 2 minutes. Hurry ups when down by 14 should be started at 4-5 minutes and 4th downs should almost never result in coverage sacks because they should not be worried about an INT when the game is on the line like that. Even tho it happens it shouldn't be super common like it is.

And they should know who their weapons are and how to use them. Guys like gronk and Reed should be used for fades and jump balls but instead I've seen Brady throw jump balls to Edelman and get picked. I know it's asking a lot but sliders may have been fine (pre terrible patches) with some AI adjustments. I enjoyed player roles and think that would be a good way to implement the AI weapons/match up system. Defensive adjustments for them would be key as well. Moving Watt to a weaker side of the line or moving a top "man" corner wherever my top WR goes. But leaving their zone guys like Sherman or Norman in place. I'm just venting but sliders can only do so much. The AI needs to think like a football coach. It needs to attack weaknesses and utilize strengths. Weak tackles should be able to get help via hot routes to Rbs to chip and Tes too. Users should be exploited they way we exploit cpus sometimes..... It's asking a lot tho.

I'll go back to studying. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by runsondunkin; 10-19-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove