Old 10-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #1978
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Glad you have enjoyed these so far. The biggest difference I find between preseason and reg season is that there is a little less aggression by the defense, but especially in the lineplay (i.e. they play with less intensity...which makes sense if you think about it...it's just preseason after all ). This jives with your concerns of pass rush and YPC....but you're also correct in wanting to look at the ratings/matchups to see if they make sense. From what we've seen, the line ratings really do make a difference with this setup.
I agree 100% with the line ratings. Or the ratings making a difference in general. You can really tell the difference in how good players are in preseason between say a 78 ovr guy and a 70 ovr guy. Guys miss blocks and CB can't keep up etc. It's really more open for sure. But once you get to the regular season things tighten up a lot. The difference between starters isn't huge and it's a tough battle. But your stud players (JJ Watt, Brandon Cooks (97 ovr now), etc) still really stand out. I was playing the Texans and Watt was going against my 81 Ovr G who is pretty good but looked like a little bitch against him lol. He was breaking blocks, using moves, and just creating havoc in general. It was really great to see. Against similar rated players it's a crap shoot on who wins and against lower rated guys my G can dominate. I love it. I feel like I'm just a cheerleader right now but like I said this might be the most fun I've ever had playing Madden and I've been playing since 1990 (ya I'm old lol).