View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #3687
Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
As nice as it is to be healthy all season is there a way to get semi-realistic amounts of injuries around the league? I know lineman can't be injured but its week 13 in my CFM and 2/3 of the league are completely healthy with the rest having maybe 1-2 injuries. I'm afraid to mess with the slider and get a situation where guys get hurt every other play
Bump injuries up to 50, with the understanding that you will see guys go down. There are a couple of things you can do to manipulate (lessen) injuries at key positions (QB, RB, WR): 1. Bump up a player's injury and toughness rating signigantly; mid 90's for injury. 2. Limit the amount of depth that you have at certain positions. I.e., carry two QB's for instance. I've noticed in past versions of Madden that there was significantly less probability of an injury if the game "realized" that you had less than the number of players than it was ideally looking for. That could be a coincidence, though it seems logical.

If you're looking to increase injuries, up the injury slider to 50, and then consider option 1 mentioned above if you are concerned about a particular player or two. As a house rule, I would put a limit on the amount of player(s) that I'd adjust the injury rating on. Pathetic that this is what it's come down to. For all of the hype on the revamped injury system and game-time decisions on injured players, it's a shame that EA can't get it right.

The sad thing is, I don't know how much better this game is gonna get. They've earned the majority of the money that they will to this point, so there's minimal incentive for them to do so. Hopefully, they won't be so near-sided and will look out for those of us still burying this game each and every year.

I haven't heard of any additional patches or updates in the pipeline as of yet.