YeOldTonk
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
This is right up my alley, gonna try this out soon and simulate multiple seasons. I really can't play as the Browns because I'm a Steelers fan, but I will pick another crappy team to try and rebuild.

Just making a comment about scouting for potential position switches, that is a nice element to maybe find a few extra prospects that may not grade out initially.

I would generally agree with what was stated about switching positions to stay within position groups except for 3-4 Rush OLB to DE if you run 4-3.

But I also think a Speed Rusher type DE to 3-4 OLB could also work. Thoughts on that?

Of course it will be dependent on specific attributes, but generally when making that switch the OVR drops by about 2 points from what I noticed.

So if we are targeting 75 and above OVR, he comes in at 75 and drops to 73 not that bad. Of course if you miss on that player it changes, but that is a risk with any player I guess. Just thought I would throw that out there it may be something else to consider if you run a 3-4.
Happens quite a bit in the NFL. Seahawks did that with Bruce Irvin. Drafted him as a speed rushing DE. Didn't work well out for him with his hand on the turf, so they moved him to an 4-3 speed OLB and he did well in the transition.

Hawks are notorious for drafting a player at one position and having him start at another. I think half of the OL was drafted as DL players.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.