View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 12:15 AM   #102
mpd3892
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

I finally have time to comment here. Part of the process of figuring this all out is I like to follow along what is going on in other threads. You can learn a lot by reading what others are trying and commenting on. The one area that I really believe where this level stands apart is in the CPU QB play. In all the years and games I've played (and it a lot), I can't really remembering seeing QBs miss and make bad throws like do on ROOKIE. This, naturally, excludes HUM controlled QBs.

I've been trying to get the game to play better on the CPU side. One area I think could really use improvement is pass coverage. All too often when I watch a replay of a pass play I've noticed that the CPU DBs appear to be a step slow in reacting to a move by a receiver. This allows the receiver to get open and an easy completion. This isn't always the case as I've also seen some really good coverage.

To this end I tried playing on FAST with both 90 and 100 THRESHOLD. Some parts I liked, especially the speed of the game. However, I did notice that CPU coverage was even slower to react.

I then dropped back down to NORMAL and noticed coverage was a little better. Furthermore, pocket pressure was better as I had to wait for receivers to run their routes and get open.

When next I have a chance to play (probably Friday/Saturday) I plan to try SLOW. There may also be some adjustments we can make in MM to get the coverage to tighten up. Any ideas or suggestions will be most appreciated.

I believe we are closing in and other then issues we have no real control over (HUM QB ACC, accurate FG, punting into the wind), we may yet find adjustments that really work.

With INJ at 51, FAT at 54 I've seen a both a good variety of injuries (some for a quarter or two, others for the game, and others for a few weeks) and a good rotation of players. I played a game where Sproles for the Eagles broke off a 66 yard run on their first possession. For the next 3 plays Mathews was the HB. This is something a lot have been looking for.

Its there and we just have to get to it and get it working. Thanks to all who are following along and contributing. Like football, this to is a team effort.