View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #4173
Flazko
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Game over, and it took half of an overtime period for me to knock off the Saints 23-20, with the RAIDERS. That was hands down the most fun that I've had with Madden in quite some time.

Set used: Play Like Flazko! (All pro, all sliders 50/50, with the exception of QB accuracy, which is 47/47 - just the way it's listed on the main page; using his special teams under this set as well)
13 min/ 17 sec
**I used 90 parity (Flazko used 95)
Fatigue 65
Injuries 50

Total plays (keep in mind we played until 5-6 minutes left in overtime
Raiders 69, Saints 66

Total yards
Raiders 512, Saints 322

First downs
Raiders 24, Saints 18

Turnovers
Raiders 3, Saints 2

Sacks
Raiders 5, Saints 2

Raiders stat leaders
Carr, 19-33, 220 yards, 3 INTs
Murray, 22 rush, 220 yards, 2 TDs
Crabtree, 6 rec, 75 yards
Cooper, 6 rec, 61 yards

Saints stat leaders
Brees, 22-40, 255 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
Ingram, 23 rush, 107 yards
Thomas, 7 rec, 83 yards
Snead, 6 rec, 80 yards

I don't know where to start, so this may be random and all over the place. The game felt natural. Fast is the way to go. Granted, there's some warping and weird movements periodically, but I can straight up live with that. I had two long TD runs with Murray (one was for 82 yards, the other for 25 yards), which skewed my rushing stats - I'll take it! It's a challenge to throw down the field. The passing game makes you think. Speaking of the passing game... don't throw bad passes, aka make poor choices. I had three poor choices. Funny, I had 3 INTs... you get the idea. When I got pressure on Brees, he crumbled. When I failed to do so, he shredded my D. The score was a 7-3 lead by me deep into the second; my only TD to that point was a Sean Smith pick six. Ultimately we went to OT tied at 20. I had the ball first and managed a FG. Despite the Saints driving to my 40, I recorded a huge sack, which ultimately put them to a 4th and long, and the rest is history.

Funny, I've been screwing around with sliders since late August. I was about to give up on madden due to frustration and a lack of time. That happens when you're married with kids. I almost started this game using the Red set, and then said "what the hell". Let me do the Fast game speed, Play Like Flazko set.

Is madden perfect? Nope! Am I happy that I used his set? Unbelievably so. I will be using this going forward for any game that I play. I am going to start a second franchise at some point with the Eagles or another team, for a change of scenery. My primary franchise for now will be this RAIDERS one. I'm done with messing with sliders! Hallelujah!

Thanks again for all of your work Flazko. I highly recommend the Play Like Flazko set and corresponding settings to anyone that is still struggling. If you're happy with where you're at though, don't change a thing.
Well said. Quick question, just curious if you followed the exact way I play. Like: only choosing plays from Coach Suggestions, or no switch or controlling defensive linemen. Nothing wrong if you didn't play that way, I'm just wondering.