Old 11-08-2016, 03:40 AM   #534
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan56
Hey guys, wanted some thoughts on this prospect I'm torn on. Still don't have the combine information but these are his stats:

QB 216lbs HT: 6'0 AGE: 21 Type: Mobile Projected Early 3rd Talent: Mid 4th
Throw Power: A Throw on the Run: B TA Short: B

Excel, based on these stats, says blue chip prospect. Thoughts? Could be a steal
Draft him. Suspect he could be one of the outlier QBs I see occasionally that meet all the blue chip criteria but end up being a 73 or 74 (his talent round makes me think that), but he's 21 years old which means he will have plenty of time to develop into your franchise QB. Well, well worth a punt at that projected round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Does it negatively impact the scouting tool if I leave out predicted draft position, height and age of players that already listed as Do Not Draft? It's a bit of hassle opening each player's draft window to type down the age and height (apostrophes not conveniently close to the keypad) and if I can cut out the players who aren't even worth drafted it'd speed up the process.
Yeah if they're do not draft at that point anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about going to the effort of putting this stuff in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Just want to point out, not sure if anyone else has noticed this. Especially noticeable on FB's, but every other week the scouting list changes back and forth between two lists of FB's. You'll see different names one week and then different names the next, and those two lists will alternate every week for me. (They'll all be available during the draft.)

I also noticed this for Undrafted DT's, I think it only happens for people Undrafted but I found this interesting. And for my current Kicker class, it shows 2 one week, and 0 the next., quarterbacks as well, where initially there were only 6 quarterbacks (weak class) to 25 quarterbacks the next week.

Also is there anyway to get rid of the tooltips in the excel document? I drag em up to the blank area in the draft status bar so it bugs me the least but I really hate seeing it block my view on excel in some areas. I personally find it to be a nuisance, but if there isn't a way for me to turn it off then no worries because I'm sure it helps other people.
Yeah UDFAs are usually in two separate groups the cycle in and out, e.g. week 1, group 1 will display; week 2, group 2 will display; week 3, back to group 1 etc. Also in the draft itself, you might find that a UDFA you like isn't even available to select since only a limited number of UDFAs will display on the draft board. Really annoying. For this reason, I don't recommend scouting UDFAs unless you have loads of points to spare.

Regarding the tooltips in v3.2, yeah they get on my wick as well. Does anybody else find them annoying or does anyone think they're useful? I might get rid of them again for the next version.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

Last edited by Old Man Nathy; 11-08-2016 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Extr quot