View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 02:32 AM   #4
seb170455
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Seb170455' Tampa Bay Lightning: Can the Tampa Bay Lightning weather the storm?

Loonstra makes tough decisions

A week before the beginning of the season, Loonstra had a busy day. A press conference was prepared and the media was there in big numbers. They sensed a sensation was in the air. Loonstra stepped on the platform and addressed the media:
“Good day to you all. I had a very interesting and busy day yesterday. First I will announce the deals we have made with other teams. After that you can ask questions. We made 3 trades yesterday that will affect this franchise now and in the future.

First I want to announce that we traded left wing Jonne Tammela to the Carolina Hurricanes for a 2017 – 3rd round pick (CHI) and a 2017 – 4th round pick (CAR).

A second trade was made. This trade consist of sending captain and center Steven Stamkos to the Ottawa Senators for the 2016 11th draft pick center Logan Brown, a 2017 – 1st and 3rd round pick (OTT), a 2018 – 1st round pick (OTT) and 2019 – 3rd round pick (OTT).

A third trade was made at midnight. In this trade we send right wing Ryan Callahan and a 2017 – 5th, 6th and 7th pick (TBL) to the Arizona Coyotes for center Pavel Datsyuk.

This morning we were able to sing right wing Alexander Semin to a 1 year deal.

I guess you want to let things sink in. I will elaborate on these trades and the signing. .......(to be continued)