Old 11-17-2016, 04:07 AM   #635
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Okay, still only in week 9. Scouting a LE. Proj Late 7th round.
Power Moves B+
Hit Power B
Pursuit B

Talent round: UD ????

Before I input his Talent Round he was a projected Blue Chip with a TVR of 53.91

For a late 7th rounder, he seems like a decent pickup, but why the UD?

Had one or two other with the same thing also. Will his combine stats show his real talent?
If he's got a talent round of UD, he's probably a scrub at the DE position. But if he's there in the 7th you could take a punt on him, he might be an exception to the rule (but keep in mind that 90% of DEs with UDFA talent grade are crap, even if their scouted skills scream blue chipper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticx
Hey OMN, big props for the tool. You took everything we had at our disposal and created the ultimate time saving tool. Really wish it was around for M16. Lol.
Anyhow, on to my question. How many rows does the tool consist of? And is it possible to add more if needed? Also, is it possible to copy and paste info into the tool? Such as player type, height, combine numbers, etc and still have the tool perform the calculations?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Yeah you can copy and paste info in, as long as the formatting etc. is correct and matches the validation on the tool. There's some info in the OP about copy data into V3 of the tool if you're on an older version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwang1600
I should have taken a screenshot before coming to work, but I can't stop thinking about this HB prospect in my Browns offline CFM. I will make sure to post a screenshot before and after drafting him, but he has over 100 TRV (like 100.38 or something), A Juke, A- Carrying, and I think it was B+ BC Vision. He is 6'2", ran good 40 (top 10ish), and had top 2 in both 3 cone and shuttle.

Just so hyped I had to share...I've never seen anyone over 100 TVR before! It isn't 100% guaranteed I get him, but I traded into the #3 spot and the Giants and Titans don't need RBs (plus he is rated as 1M /1M oh AND a positive story).

Glad he turned out well, that is the best HB I've seen scouted. Never seen a HB with higher than 81 OVR in draft recap either, and the fact he's got SS dev too... Damn! Your offense just got a whole lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
To try and help figure out the benefits/reductions caused by the stories, I decided to scout an entire draft class in Week 2 so that I could compare the ratings/projected/talent levels players had before and after the stories kicked in. It takes forever, but whatever. Here's a screen cap of the draft (I will provide the post-draft spreadsheet later when I go back and check every player's OVR.) The story titles are based on what I see in the news feed, although what stays consistent seems to be the description rather than the title. "The Apple Doesn't Fall Far" and "Student of the Game" have the same descriptions, so I imagine both might have the same effects but I won't know until the player in the new draft is selected. Under story I'm keeping track of both the story title and the description/tweet related to it to compare across various drafts. If I can find consistent results then maybe you'll be able to include the expected benefits into the scouting tool.
I've been doing the same thing, will post something up today. I've run through 10 iterations of the same draft class tracking the stories in each run through, found some really interesting stuff.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove