View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
TDawg's Madden 18 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

VERSION 2.0 IS UP (12/7/17)
V2.0 is now available (12/7/17) Details below:

It's been awhile guys. I've been working and tweaking this tool every since Madden 18 came out and finally decided I'd share what I have come up with. IMO it's a cool little companion to make your CFM have more lasting power and a way to really develop your team in the way you see fit. With that on to the new features:

No More Macros
This was a huge step in the right direction. I love Macros but it was a hassle to redo your depth chart every 4 weeks (or whenever you progressed your guys). Now when ever you change something in the Roster Tab it will automatically change in the correct Depth Chart Tab on the fly. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before but there it is lol. So if progressing your QB you change his Awr from 80 to 84 in the QB Depth Chart Tab it will change automatically for you.

Position Specific Attribute Percentages Located on Roster Tab
I've put the percentages you use to calculate your personal Ovr for each position on the roster tab. This is just an easy way to see what values you covet most when upgrading your players. Anything you change in each Position Tab will automatically change on the Roster Tab. No need to have to change both.

Ratings Formula Rework for Madden 18
I've tweaked the formula to go more with Madden 18 (not a huge difference from 17) but also was much more thorough this time then before. This made the calculations even more precise.

Ovr and Pot Difference Rows
This is located on each Tab after the regular Ovr and Pot. It's just a quick look at how the players stack up with one another. For example it will quickly show the difference in Ovr and Pot from the starter and the 2nd string guy, from the 2nd string guy to the 3rd string guy, etc. If the guy below is withing 2 or less as the guy above him it will highlight pink to let you know they are very close in Ovr. With Pot if the guy below has a higher Pot then the guy above it will highlight pink. Again just a quick way to tell how close some of your backups are to over taking the starting spots and so forth.

Team Ratings Reworked
This was just a quick rework to coincide with the Ratings Formula Rework. Nothing to crazy here. Just some of the Ovr were lowered. Again this is just a quick visual guide based on my formulas and is not exact science.

Salaries Tab
I've included a Salaries Tab mainly because last year I went into cap hell a few seasons in because I didn't have a big picture way of keeping track of my contracts. Once you input all information you will have a lot on information at a glance such as: total salaries for the next 5 years, number of players under contract for the next 5 years, average salaries per player for the next 5 years, current salary cap, how much you are over/under the cap for the next 5 years (the last 4 years are an estimate because you don't know the exact cap number), and how much your average salaries can be to hit your cap and have a full 53 man roster. You will also be able to sort your players in many ways. Each year all you have to do is click on the "Sub 1 from Years Rem" button and it will automatically take one away from years remaining. Then select range F1 to I69 and paste to E1. Last step is to change I1 to the next year and input any data that needs to go into the year. One other thing is the 3 contract templates to the right. One for 5, 4, and 3 years. Simply plug in the total contract value in the correct years offered and it will break the contract down for you (would be nice if Madden did this). Now by no means is this a super accurate way to see how much you will be paying when you sign a new guy to a contract but it will give you a general idea so you can plan ahead better.

QB Sense Pressure Trait
Anybody who has done a lot of simming as I have (for my XP Sliders) knows that there is an issue down the road with to many QBs having the Ideal sense pressure trait. This causes issues with sack totals big time. We're talking league leaders having 10 sacks. So this chart is something I've created based off of JoshC1977's chart he has implemented in his slider thread. Basically it will rate a QBs sense pressure trait off of his Awr rating. It looks like this: Awr<70=Paranoid, Awr between 70-79=Trigger Happy, Awr is between 80-89=Average, and 90+=Ideal. So simply plug in the data and it will spit out the corresponding trait you need to change it to. This is an optional thing to do and is by no means necessary but I think it adds more to my CFM and I enjoy it.

Notes and Future Stuff
One note is that I don't have this set up to put OLB at DE and DE at OLB for 4-3 defenses. I hadn't planed on releasing this again this year and since I only use 3-4 defenses I didn't bother putting in the option. I believe its doable but I'm not in a hurry currently. If you'd like to do it with this version just plug in you OLB player data in the DE section of the roster tab and vice versa.

I don't know about future ideas. I don't have any currently. It's more of me playing, seeing a need, and creating from that idea. I'm always open to suggestions though and welcome any and all.

I plan on making a quick video tutorial using this to make it as easy to understand as possible. Hope you guys enjoy.

V1.4 is now available.(12/20/16) Details below:
Spoiler

v1.3 update info below (12/12)
Spoiler

v1.2 update info below (12/9)

Spoiler

v1.1 update info below (11/22)
Spoiler

v1.0 Info below (11/18)
Spoiler

Attached Files
File Type: rar Madden 18 CFM Roster Tools v2.0.rar (1.52 MB, 47 views)

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-07-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove