View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #145
Introspectah
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Mentioned it on one of the last few pages—aggresion doesn't just make teams tackle harder, or with more aggression. It seems tied to pressing frequency and less of telling teams to "get stuck in" or something similar.

If you set high aggression for all teams, you lose the ability to have some teams sit deep and defend, which many do, which forces you to play differently against them.

I'm still not against slightly raising aggression, but it has never equated to more fouls in FIFA. Sliders, and also how you as a human play also hugely affect fouls. You can draw fouls by playing a certain way, by turning away from players, by trying to run past instead of passing, etc.

Just raising aggression to raise fouls, to me, will not work. It will instead just create a more frantic pressing game across the board which all teams do not utilize—and will take away from when teams like Liverpool do utilize it by making it less special.
I acknowledge the validity of your argument, but what about heightening aggression whilst maintaining 'low pressure'?
Couldn't that be a succesfully balanced combination? (perhaps in co-operation with player instructions of which some could be set to 'conservative'?)
Advertisements - Register to remove