View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #4819
jm22mast
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Ok I created this set based off of Flazko's previous Red Set and his current Red Set. There is one intent for this set - to appease me. It's design is to function as his Rage set's counterpart. Some of you may find it easier than others, while others may find it a bit challenging, and there might even be a person or two that enjoys it. Personally, I am getting crushed on Flazko's current Red Set. And that's what a number of us wanted, including myself. I find that in All-Madden, I need to give the user, aka myself, a little edge with the sliders. I'm a decent Madden player, but let's face it, you need an ever slight boost when playing on All-Madden with the parity set to 50.

Here's what I'm currently using with a saved game in progress. I'll note potential changes on tap below the set.

All-Madden difficulty
13 min/ 17 sec
Game speed = Slow
Parity = 50
Fatigue = 65
Injury = 50
No assists, except for defensive switch assist, which I rarely use
On field visual feedback OFF.

User/ CPU
QB Accuracy: 2/2
Pass block: 30/5
WR catch: 50/50

Run Block: 50/50*
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 50/50
INTs: 50*/45
Coverage: 50/50

Tackle: 25/25

FGPow: 50/50
FGAcc: 37/37
PuntPow: 50/50
PuntAcc: 97/97
KOPow: 50/50

Notes on the set:
-Definitely no CPU roboQB with this set. There's a collapsing pocket for both the user and the CPU. I find I get equivalent results with pass blocking at 30 for the user and 5 for the CPU. You can raise CPU to 10, though I feel that it's even with user 30 while at 5, as ridiculous as that sounds.
-With the parity at 50, I'm getting crushed with CPU run blocking at 50. *I may lower CPU run blocking to 30 or 40, as every back that I have faced with Flazko'a red set eats me alive. I'm fine with that though since I've been looking for a legitimate run threat against me, and now I finally have it. If I lower it to 30 or 40 it will be to even the CPU running out a little bit. Houston has over 150 total yards rushing against me, one play into the 3rd quarter. Doug Martin torched me a couple of games ago as well. I'll have to step up my defensive play calling and play execution regardless!
-INTs... what can I say. On All-pro, 50/50 is the way to go. Force a bad throw, you should be penalized. Simple as that. I find that the equivalent on all-madden is 55/45, even though I'm currently playing with it at 50/45. Bottom line is, if you throw a bad pass, you're still highly likely to have it picked off. I like CPU at 45 on All-madden instead of 50 as I do in all-pro because it eliminates some of the cheese picks. They will still make you pay if you force it, but now there's a mix of deflections and INTs. Simply put, make good decisions. For the user, I've only nabbed one ball (non-user controlled) with it set at 50, so I'm leaning toward an increase to 55. If I get pressure and force a quick throw from the CPU, my guys should have equal right for an INT as the CPU does against me. 50/50 doesn't give you this on All-Madden.

-User rushing is tough playing with 50 parity and 50 user run blocking, but I like it that way. You're going to get a lot of 2-3 yard runs, but stay patient. Know the run plays that you're calling (where the actual blocking assignments are, the defensive gaps up front, etc.) and use patience while actually rushing. Use discipline by holding off on hitting the turbo button until you get to your line, assuming you have a hole to hit.

That's pretty much it. With the slow game speed and parity at 50, I get smooth gameplay and I can see ratings making a difference, even on all-madden. In my first half that I've played against Houston, I (ala Derek Carr) have been picked off twice, but I've also thrown for 150 at 60%, including a downfield TD bomb to Amari Cooper! You don't get many completed deep passes for TDs with the higher parity threshold. I seem to get a bit of everything on both sides of the ball. Flazko's rage set is legit, with the idea of tipping the scales back to the CPU bc it's all-pro. The idea with my set is to get that all-madden competition, but tip the scales slightly back to the user to combat the cheese and even things out. You still need to bring your A game, and prepare to be frustrated at times. You have to punt, bc I've had some field position battles. By and large, it's still a derivative of the default set up as you can see. You may not like it, and that's fine. This is what I'm going to use going forward. I had a solid all-madden set with 90 parity and Normal game speed, but I've learned that the higher parities make it easier for the user. The 50 parity really evens everything out. We all seem to be looking for that difficulty between all-pro and all-madden, and this set has bridged the gap a bit. Ultimately a Simulation difficulty in Madden 18 would be between all-pro and all-madden. Get on yout Twitter!!

Thanks Flazko. Your advice and hard work has helped me make this game enjoyable, and ultimately why I was able to create this set.

If I wasn't 9 games in, I'd restart my CFM fresh using this set with some of the aforementioned potential modifications. Instead, I'm gonna keep plugging with my chise, otherwise I fear that I'll never get anywhere in Madden 17. My first 5 games of my CFM were with all-pro difficulty - I was 4-1. Since switching to All-madden I'm 1-2. But I've made soooo many changes during this CFM, and I'm tired of doing so.

If anyone tries the set, give me your honest feedback. Again, this set was designed for the way I play and what I'm looking for out of Madden 17. It's not meant for everyone. I like the all madden challenge, but need help for balance.

Enjoy!
Hey Raider,

Any stats you could post? How are completion percentages , do you see any overthrows? Is all of this with latest updates/tuners?