View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #5248
SteelD34KC
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Im getting really tired of that bug in the game where you go to save your franchise and it locks up the entire game.

It happened twice last night, and I fixed it both times by restarting the XBone.

But when I came back the second time, my franchise was GONE. So, I lost the chise I posted, which was on a 4 game winning streak. Which I was about to post about.

So I had to restart, AGAIN.

Ugh. So heres my new team, I did the draft, setup my roster, changed numbers/equipment and depth chart then simulated preseason and played my first game before ever trying to save.

It worked. I got the save done, and I think thats what Ill do from now on. I dunno, has to be a way to get around that bug, its making me really mad.

As you can see from this roster I love me some Todd Gurley. In game at least the man is a beast. Fast, accelerates, agile, runs over people, stiff arms, can catch. He's the reason I win alot of games.

QB C. Wentz

HB1 Todd Gurley II (Always available 6th round of draft, BEAST)
HB 2 Jordan Howard (Available late, 21 years old, Power Back)

FB Andy Janovich (Guy is a beast)

WR1 DeAndre Hopkins (Beast)
WR2 Breshad Perriman (Speed guy, decent)
WR3 Tyreek Hill (GET THIS MAN, BOSS slot and returner)

TE1 Hunter Henry (The best young TE in the league)
TE2 Darren Waller (90 Speed 6'6 255lbs TE, nuff said)

LT Brandon Scherff
LG Joel Bitonio
C Corey Linsley
RG Ali Marpet
RT Taylor Decker

LE Chris Jones (Big nasty)
DT Danny Shelton (Not agile or fast, but HUGE and great Run Stopper, Quick Dev trait at 23 as well)
RE Leonard Williams (Absolute beast all around)

LOLB Khalil Mack (Umm yeah, Its Mack.)
MLB1 Benardrick McKinney (Monster size, absolute great tackler)
MLB2 Jaylon Smith (Train up his injury trait, 88 Tackle, great for a rookie)
ROLB Jadaveon Clowney (Hoping to ressurect his 3-4 pass rush career)

CB1 Marcus Peters (I live in KC, this man is the real deal)
CB2 Jalen Ramsey (6'1", 210, 93 speed. What else ya need?)

FS Dieon Jones (Converted from linebacker, wasted there, 85 OVR)
SS Landon Collins (Him and Jones are hard hitting nasty bastages)

K Luntz (94 kicking power, accurate as well)
P Kaser (95 Kicking power, coffin corner man)

As you can see I went a little bit younger then last team in some areas. I had to let go of several offensive lineman to get guys like Mack, Clowney, Wentz and a few others.

First 10 rounds of draft I got starters that are all still on the team. Something like Marcus Peters, Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Williams, Benardrick McKinney, Landon Collins, Todd Gurley, Danny Shelton, Jaylon Smith. Then I took Taylor Decker and Jack Conklin.

At that point your at the 11th or 12th pick and have to decide whether your going to try to get more starters OR do what I did. Basically from the 11th pick to the 18th there are a ton of great young Offensive Lineman in the mid to low 80's overall available. Mewhort, Marpet, Scherff etc etc. What I did is I picked 8 OLineman in a row, knowing that I would trade some or most of them away.

I did so, and my entire draft for this year and next to get Mack, Clowney, Wentz and surprising to me DeAndre Hopkins. I didnt think the trade would go threw for him, I put in a 74 overall OLB and two first round picks, one of which was for 2018 and the other team accepted.

I sat stunned for a minute, because although hes a little old at 24 (I usually like guys like Amaric Cooper, Beckham etc) this guy is a monster. I basically told Wentz to throw it to Hopkins early and often, get him in the game.

The Wentz trade came with giving up a first overall I got from the bears and two of those lineman I talked about. Again, another trade I didnt think would go threw but it sure did.

So I played the first game and Wentz was something like 80%, 2 TD's but at like 5 or 6 yards per pass. ALOT of short stuff, but my guys kept coming up with it. A few loss's on screens and outside plays.

Gurley was held in check until the fourth where he reeled off a 44 yard TD run by going back left across tacklers. Ended up with 19 carries for 109 yards and a TD.

Defensively Marcus Peters got two DPI calls on him, one was good, he draped all over Beckham, but the second was BS. Both went up for the ball, it actually looked like the reciever interfered with a pick.

Both guys played well, the Redskins drafted Odell Beckham Jr. and Dez Bryant so I had my hands full.

Though Mack and Clowney didnt come away with a sack, I counted about 3 QB pressures for both of them.

Chris Jones though. Who is he? Just the rookie with 3 sacks in his first ever game. They had Carson Palmer, who is very much statuesqe back there. Jones just outworked his guys. It helps to have Leonard Williams, Khalil Mack and Clowney taking up double teams for sure.

All in all, I think I might lower HUM RB slider a few points. Other then that, a good game.