Old 12-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #824
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverQuinn
Thank you so much for your work on this tool.

I have an unrelated question if anyone could answer. In order to get the most meaningful scouts necessary, what type of players do you scout for a 3-4 defense outside of the obvious nose tackle and 3-4 run stopping DEs? Mostly for secondary and LB corps.
For MLBs, either prototype or 3-4 run stopper. For DBs, whatever fits your scheme. I personally run more zone (in a 4-3, mind you) and find that's more effective than man coverage. For my SS I prefer a guy who's good against the run, but ideally not a liability in the pass game. But that's just my personal preferences.

I prefer a 4-3 scheme myself because I find you get more sacks that way, and have a greater variety of players available to you. You can have all sorts of different archetypes at DT (as opposed to just a Nose), different archetypes at DE (including converted 3-4 OLBs) and can have pretty much any types of non-34-specific linebackers. Much more versatile IMO.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!