Old 12-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #3980
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaXing_
So after playing half a season I am going back to Krebs default tactics even pressure. I absolutely believe this is personal preference 100%. Reason why is because I watched some PL matches from this week and when you watch the shape of Leicester and watfords they happily allow the opponent to pass in their third and hit you on the counter. I played both teams twice using 55 and their respected CTT value. I compared the shape in the game to real life of the defensive shape to one another and imho I think the lower pressure represents a more simulated game for those specific teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
My thoughts exactly! It really is a preference. I urge everyone to at least try lower pressure for certain teams. I wrote a bit about it in the Projec10 thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaXing_
Imo if you want the perfect balanced matchup 55 pressure is where it's at, yes.However irl west brom does not go to Stamford bridge and intend to take the game to Chelsea in the midfield. They happily allow chelsea the middle of the pitch. Imo 55 is that threshold for a team either competing or having that passive mentality in midfield. Just my thoughts. 100% pers perference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
I'm confused - why would we set pressure at minimum 55 for every team when the purpose of CTTs is to create variety and realism, and clearly some teams need lower pressure to play more like their real-life counterparts?
The problem with FIFA is that it doesn't get the fundamentals of defense right. It needs some help. We've done the grunt work with adjusting the proper slider values, so the 55 threshold as a minimum just allows the fundamentals of defensive pride to work through.

I mean I don't have to go 10 minutes into a match and see that teams pressure in different waves. The key is they pressure in terms of their close down speed, not in their aggression. Close down speed is what FIFA lacks. You take that pressure below 55 and it's nothing but space.

Look at this Leicester-Bournemouth match: http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmat...leicester-city

Leicester close down, while containing. That's a big difference compared to FIFA's interpretation where it pre-sets players who continue to have the only priority of chasing runners off the ball.

And FIFA's players that run off the ball are 1000% less realistic than how many runs off the ball there are in real football matches, let's get that straight right now. This fact alone is enough to find a very hard comparison on making defensive tactics so in-tune with the real life counterpart.

If FIFA accomplished the fundamentals of defending, and proper close down speed, I'd be sold on making defensive CTT's, especially pressure, exactly like their real life counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
I was hoping that I would get used to the sliders and ctt set.
I continue to get beat. I need to tweak something, but I'm not sure where to start. The one complaint I have about the game play is: I feel like my players are playing in mud. I will find separation or space and play the ball to that player. Once I'm allowed to move my player (with the ball), all of the space is gone.

Again, what slide should I move (+/-)?
The pitch is a lot tighter, so some instances to breakaway are a bit tougher. Players feeling like mud sounds like you may have room to increase Sprint Speed for just the user. Just ensure you can't burst past the entire CPU defense, which you shouldn't if they're on 50/50 Sprint/Acc, but just in case - be on the look out.