Old 12-19-2016, 03:50 AM   #854
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
So I have a concern regarding the "risky pick" result. In my current offline CFA, I'm scouting WR Travonnie Clady, a 23 year old, 6'6" WR out of BYU who's 20yd shuttle time seems to be causing a problem. I entered his final skill as "Spectacular Catch" with a rating of B- and I am advised to not draft this WR. Granted, his 40 time and 3 cone are not stellar, but I noticed that when updating the spreadsheet, changing his shuttle time from 4.19 (don't draft) to 4.18, I get a "draft red chip prospect statement. I thought there was a "risky pick" result. Wouldn't this WR qualify, changing his shuttle .01 seconds difference, to "risky" rather than "draft - red"

Here's really my question: If the threshold for draft/do not draft is that fine a line in the various forumulae present in this spreadsheet, and the result of changing one figure by .01 seconds draws that line, how many potential draftable players are people possibly missing out on due to using the spreadhseet's sorting features to hide the "do not draft" players? When I sort and subsequently hide some players that the tool now indicates are not draft worthy, how many instances of otherwise worthy players get eliminated from visibility due to a hard line between draft and don't draft?

Now, this is only one case, but in two scouting journeys to draft day, I haven't seen any players indicated as "risky". Just grey, blue, and red.

Has anyone seen any (or what qty) of "risky" player labels?
The draft/do not draft criteria are very binary, there's no grey areas. It's something I could look to build in, but it would be quite a lot of rework, and those thresholds do exist for a reason (sometimes, .01 of a second on 3 cone/shuttle seems to be a magic threshold for scrubs and good prospects). Risky pick statuses come when a player's draft status cannot be determined because one of their scouted skills was not one which is required for a definitive draft status. They're pretty rare in v3 of the tool though.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!