Old 12-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #2563
dorsett33
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So...I decided to isolate threshold without making other changes...trying to tease-out what it does and does not do. It's a mixed bag...results from OP with 100 thresh in MM/CFM. But, it did play a bit better than I had expected.

The good: DB agility is much improved due to better footplanting but it's almost too precise. A wee bit more of a true push by the d-line at times...but not consistent (which is unfortunate...if it had been, I might've looked at it further). Coverage distance wasn't bad overall...a little looser than I'd expect.

The bad: defender reactions (i.e. accel) were really nerfed. I even saw occasions where a DT would not even start to get out of his stance until the O-line had taken a couple of steps. Saw some jogging in coverage as well and defenders were taking longer than normal to react to things.

So basically...you're trading away accel for agility (essentially the opposite of 0 thresh which is all about the accel). As king said to me last night via PM on another Madden-related topic, "Pick your poison". You can make it work with other adjustments...but an ultra-high thresh isn't a road I will likely go down at this juncture.

Good stuff! Always enjoy trying out different things.
So let me ask you, what if you tried to go 5 to ten points from default in either direction, (50 to 55-60 or 50 to 45-40). Ive used those values in previous iterations of madden (along with 90-95) and it seemed to work well....it also seemed like it smoothed out some of the skittishness in the framerate.....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2