View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #58
ranta21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I'd lean toward S3 set there, only because user skill is across the board higher than it was early in S1 as people have learned the game. Also because EA has tuned the game a couple times which affected the run game in particular.

Keep in mind my set is tuned for longer quarters, specifically what I have listed (12 mins, 18s runoff). If your tournament is shorter 5-7 min quarters, you might want to think twice about using my sliders. Scoring could be super low. I'd also be a little worried about a tournament with custom sliders if the group isn't expecting them and doesn't have a few weeks to adjust into them, the way a CFM regular season allows for users to learn them. Good luck! Curious how it goes.
We are somewhat casual in the sense that we don't put many hours in Madden these days, but we are fans of true simulation. Yards per play is the way to go and the way you build sliders should be the base for slider development. I truly appreciate the work you've done.

Have you thought about running your passing numbers as:

AY/A - adjusted yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown))/(passing attempts),

Or

NY/A - net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks)?

It would help you analyze the risk/reward balance of passing when compared to NFL. Like you said, Madden gamers are more aggressive.