View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 AM   #2656
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

OK....hate to do it, but got to kill the autostrafe experiment. Yup, it helps the run game (frankly by skewing pursuit angles...which I don't love). But, it's funny that pretty much every godforsaken pass is dead on the money when I have it on...turn it back off, and those off-target throws start coming back. Schnaidt's inadvertent gaffe on having it on offers further support because that was the EXACT issue he was having with the AM/AP setup...when I (and others) were not. This is a total deal-breaker for me right there....just too high of a cost.

I also now know that ballhawk is a culprit (thankfully I happened to remember its impact on improving pursuit and verified it this evening) but it could also be that the combo of that and the high injury slider are causing issues.

I like that people are jumping in and offering feedback, I want to harness that...

I'd like to suggest two possible approaches (keeping the main menu at AP for both):
  1. Turn off all assists and keep the MM injury slider at 50.
  2. Keep ballhawk and heatseeker on but drop the MM injury slider back to 10.
I'd really like some feedback on both (the more people we have looking at things, the faster this gets finished). Remember, not stats, but observations on what you see (good and bad), any wonky animations that occur (warping and suction). If you can post vids, that is even better. However you do it, please be specific about what you're testing. I'm convinced now that the straight AP setup is the way to go....I could be quite happy with the original suggestion (of 50 injury and BH and HS on), but let's see if we can fine-tune things a bit more.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-05-2017 at 02:20 AM.