View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #27
zolnier
Rookie

zolnier's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Hey all! Just a heads up! Version 1.1.01 is about to be available that REALLY IMPROVES the recruiting experience. The completely rewritten recruiting engine in v1.1.00 was a bit too difficult (and sometimes erratic). There's most definitely a fine line between too hard to too easy in this area! While some of you had issue with being in the lead recruiting points position and not getting your recruit, it still can happen, but here's how I reworked the logic to favor the teams in the lead recruiting positions:

For example, L.Jenkins is committing and he has 5 offers, as follows:

Team 1 - 500 points
Team 2 - 450 points
Team 3 - 390 points
Team 4 - 370 points
Team 5 - 300 points

When he commits, I iterate through the teams from 5 to 1 and compare their assigned points as follows:

Team 5 (random number 1-300) vs Team 4 (random number 1-370)
Winner of above (random number 1 to their points) vs Team 3 (random number 1-390)
Winner of above (random number 1 to their points) vs Team 2 (random number 1-450)
Winner of above (random number 1 to their points) vs Team 1 (random number 1-500)

As you can see, Team #1 only has to have a higher random number than whichever team made it to that final comparison, but Team #5 has to have a higher random number than Team #4, then Team #3, then Team #2 and then finally Team #1 to actually land L.Jenkins.

This is a very structured way to give teams in top positions a greater chance of landing a given recruit, but as you can see, there is still a chance for any other team to possibly snag that recruit...

Make sense?

I'd love to hear how it's going and I will explore adding other logic (RPI, etc.) to help determine whether a team makes the National Tournament or not. How in the world was Champaign, IL NOT RANKED in that scenario? What was your final record and how far did you go in your conference tournament? Crazy!

Keep sharing those great ideas and thanks again, everyone!

-Dave (Zolnier Games)