Old 01-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #2760
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
first off, Thanks you Josh for reintroducing me to the pleasures of Madden again....I was almost about to shelf this game over the last several seasons due to the stagnant unrealism in the gameplay. But your oddball settings absolutely creates a more organic and realistic game of football. Its actually amazing that these wierd quirky settings actually impact the gameplay in such a way no one would have ever imagined...thank you again!

With all that said, I have a couple of questions to make sure I am maximizing my realism experience:

1- What speed parity do you set in your league to achieve best results and if I dont use these, will setting them to any other number throw the gameplay completely out of whack?

2- When setting the Sub IN/Out. Do I have to do this in the main menu AND in every single team's Coach section too?

the reason I ask is because I play random games around my Franchise Mode so I have set up control of the team's Coaches each time I want to play with that team my Franchise. Before I play with that team, I also usually go into the Coach section and set up the proper playbook style to make sure its not on Balanced. I also have been making a habit of setting each offense and defense manually to 80/60 for each position for BOTH teams before each game I play.....it seems like a lot of work. Do I have to be doing this to maximize the gameplay?

I also notice if I just reset it to default in the Coach screen I think it sets each position to 50 in/Out.

Im wondering your thoughts?......thanks
Parity needs to be 50...period.

Autosubs....60/80 main menu. Within CFM...if you have control of your opponent at the time you play the game (such as, if it says JoshC1977 vs JoshC1977), you have to set your team and your opponent to 60/80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
I am playing as the Broncos in a CFM so I would think my pass defense should be fairly effective, but I continue to see this issue.

I deleted my profile and then put back in all of the settings in the OP. I am still seeing Jimmy Garoppolo throw for 70-80% completion rate. The receivers seem fairly wide open whether I am in man or zone.

Any suggestions?
Suggestions....
1. Get more pressure
2. Watch matchups...the WR/DB matchup tool is invaluable...make use of it.

That said....one thing is bugging me since making the switch to the 49IBB. I am seeing more 'warp catches'. The one thing I am exploring is turning the assists back off...it's cleaned it up, but I am not sure how well things will go overall without it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Man I don't know how you do it but this small little change has made such a more organic run game. Awesome find Josh.
Thanks TDawg...it was partly luck and partly tony's observation. That setting is not changing unless a future patch does something bad to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKretz
Playoffs are giving me the Madden itch again and I always go with your sliders Josh. Just one quick question tho, I deleted my profile only when I quit madden after I do that and start back up the intro does not start back up like the previous year? Am i missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
You have to delete the profile outside of the game when the game is not running (i.e. in your PS4/Other System main menu). Once it is deleted there, the intro should load like normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I like the change the IBB @ 49 creates but is anyone else getting that OOB problem of too many CPU runs to the outside for big gains? There might not be a ton per game but they continually are gaining the edge to push the yds/carry way up with this adjustment.
Use of outside contain and decreasing blitz frequency will help here. I also think those gameplay assists may be causing too much overpursuit. Now that we have the lineplay more organic, I think we can get away from having them on.