View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Flash3
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Coaching Career of Alex Irving

Coach's Office, Part I

Irving: Alright, so that wasn't the best start to the season. I'm glad we were able to outscore them in the second half, but our guards couldn't take their press, and our bigs weren't able to hold them off. That means we have two priorities when it comes to recruiting: guards, and bigs. Ed, what can you tell me about your trip to Cameroon.

Assistant Ed Rivera: Okay, so there was two kids I really liked, one was a PG, the kid's name is Songondo. He makes good decisions with the ball, and despite being a little undersized at 6'0, I think he'd be a great fit to run the show. I have a connect out there sending me game film as it goes, and I did get to speak to the kid and his parents. They want him to play in the States, and he likes the idea of being in New York City for school. However, he wants to start right away. The second kid was a 6'8 PF named Guy Ngarndi. He's a solid rebounder and uses his size to his advantage. He just wants to play D1 basketball, and he doesn't want to ride the bench. I think that being a small school gives us an advantage, given that these kids will probably play right away.

Irving: Good, good. I want more film on both. What can you tell me about the Serbian kid playing in the 17u's for Serbia, Mihailovic?

Rivera: He's your typical european big. 6'8 and skinny, solid mid-range jumper. He looked like a decent rebounder, but again this is against a bunch of other 17 year olds. I want to see more of him before offering, but I definitely do like the other two and I'd send offers their way, ASAP. Rob was also looking at two kids from the states, one from Texas, one from Cali.

Assistant Rob Joseph: I was looking at replacements for Maxiell, who'll probably lead us in scoring, but he graduates this year. There was two 3 star guys I liked, but let's start with the first kid, from El Paso, Texas. He's a solid all-around player, athletic, big, shoots it well enough. He's about 6'7/210, which fares well for him sliding to the floor if needed. He averaged 10/7 on the ABL circuit, and shot 40% from 3. That's Antonio Fordham. Now the next kid, Stephon Roberts, is a bit smaller at 6'6/200, but he seems to be similar. He's probably a better defender and shooter, but I hear that if USC sends an offer his way, he's gone. Personally I want to scout these guys more before making a decision on who to offer.

Irving: Okay, good. This is great. Did you see that Jay's SFC team beat St. John's by 2 last night? What the ****?

Rivera: Yeah, I try not to think about Jay Reynolds much. I don't like the guy and he's one of the pretentious individuals in coaching at the moment. He went all lovey-dovey in the media when you landed the job, yet me and Rob were the ones who designed his system at Bayville. He gave us no credit for the championship he won when you were captain, it was ridiculous. I haven't talked to him since I resigned after that season.

Irving: Yeah it was odd, considering I haven't talked to him since he got the SFC job. Once he left Bayville for Brooklyn Heights, it's like he forgot anyone existed, and now he's going off in the media telling everyone he loves me. It's okay, we'll get ours when they come to our house on January 10th.

Check out my CH2K8 dynasty!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ex-irving.html

Last edited by Flash3; 01-16-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove