View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #31
zolnier
Rookie

zolnier's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Wow! That's crazy! I guess it's bound to happen! Their top 6 players all had good consistency, so that sure helped increase their chances of an upset. Did they win their next game after upsetting you?

FYI, I'm about to release a BIG update 1.2.00 with a bunch of enhancements (ZPI, naming your coach, hall of fame, retirement, etc.) and was curious what you all thought about the requests I keep getting for adding player positions and heights. The way I created this game, it's all about quick/easy player matchups based on basic offense/defense/consistency metrics, regardless of size or position. I worry that adding Pos/Height, while making the game feel potentially more realistic, doesn't really affect the outcomes of games and may create awkward matchups of something like a PG matched up against a C in the Play Game screen.

What do you all think? Should I add Position and Height or leave them out for now?

FYI, I have a fully articulated sim engine that I built that leverages many more ratings, position, height, etc. that I'm working on for a future, significantly deeper basketball sim game. For now, I want to make sure this game (College BBALL Coach) is enough to make everyone happy!

Thanks again for all of the support!
Advertisements - Register to remove