View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
Majingir

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
OS Lets Talk (Mental Health Thread)

Been holding off on it all day hoping there'd be a sign(or more specifically a message) from anyone saying to start up this type of thread. But I really wanted to get one started up before a day like today ended(if there is a problem with it,I'll delete it)

In Canada today it was "Bell Lets Talk" day, which is an annual event where once a year people can do things like tweet, text among other things #BellLetsTalk and each time it happens, 5 cents gets donated towards mental health initiatives(by Bell). I think in general,over $6M might have been raised this year alone(getting backed by many celebrities,even big name ones in USA like Ellen).

Now onto the reason I made this thread. Seeing some of the posts people have made on these forums throughout the time I've been on here, and even today specifically seeing some posts from family/friends I have on Facebook who were actually using the "Bell Lets Talk" day to talk about their own anxieties/depression(some of which are some of the more outgoing people I even know, which made me surprised by it), I figured people really could use this type of thread. Now of course, if it's an extreme/emergency type of situation then this might not be the best/most appropriate place for you.

I'll get it started briefly then and just say that there's a reason I'm on this forum as often as I am and why at times I do get annoyed at some posts on here. I just come here mostly to just chat/vent about completely random topics just cause it helps clear my head. Even posting this thread now does that and I hope for others it can help them out alot too because on the internet especially, even moreso for those using screennames, it might be easier to talk about stuff with nobody really knowing who you are so you don't have to be as worried about being judged.

So if you just want somewhere to talk/vent or just want to share your stories/help others/seek advice, I hope this thread can be almost like a "safe space" for people. I want this to be a nice thread where people can feel free to be open about anything and not have to worry about people bashing them or making fun of them for anything.

Last edited by Majingir; 01-26-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove