View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #2859
timhere1970
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
So I wanted to post some game play of some tweaks of this set I have been working on.

I have been trying to figure out fatigue for both Main Menu and CFM that would allow more subs but not hurt the game play, based on Josh's theories, I experimented with a few different fatigue settings between main menu and CFM but it was too extreme and played just how he said.

I had been running 60 fatigue in Franchise for the longest time, and I had tried 45 before in main menu and really liked it. so I decided to Try 45 Main menu And 55 CFM fatigue (thinking they would offset and even out to an even 50) I really like how this plays. less fatigue yes, but CPU plays less dumb like Josh has stated.

Next, I was looking at more ways to make the passing game tougher, for both CPU and USER. I did some research in these threads and found something interesting regarding Defensive Holding, I tried it...and what do you know...the passing game is super tough, and its not just 1 sided either. you really have to go through your reads, and actually call plays anticipating a man or a zone or audible.... the Thread I found said Defensive holding down to 5. doing that i saw exactly what the user said, more animations, more swats, more pass break ups. and tighter coverage, but not psychic DB coverage.

Finally, 1 issue i was having is that I have a pretty solid front 7 of my 3-4 defense, all rated in the 80's....and i was finding that i was getting pressure consistently when i blitzed which is good, but cpu qb (didnt matter who) would just stand back there like a sitting duck and take a sack, or just throw it out of bounds no wr in sight as a throw away.

so i did more research and found something interesting regarding the intentional grounding setting and testing done. I turned it to OFF for both Main Menu and Suddenly the CPU qb seemed more aware, they got rid of the ball faster on blitzs (but not just check downs) they would over throw balls out of bounds towards wrs down the field, and I nearly cut my sack ration in half (from 7 a game down to 3-4)

1 other bonus to these settings that i wasnt expecting but have been annoyed with is that the cpu seems to run the ball like crazy in the first half...even with little to no success..im talking over 15 carries for a back in 1st half...it was easy to stack up against predictable run plays and get stops on defense.

with this the CPU passed a lot more. and didnt always run it in the standard run situations. and because of that, i wasnt stacking up against the run all the time and they had more success running the ball.

so here are the settings i was using in this clip.

Default everything just as Josh Has it in his OP.

with Main Menu fatigue at 45. and 55 in Franchise
speed threshold 100 for both MM and Franchise
DPI 75 for Both MM and Franchise
Facemask 55 MM and 50 Franchise
Injuries 55 Main Menu and 50 Franchise
IBITB 50 Main Menu and 49 in franchise
Roughing the passer 50 Main Menu and 51 Franchise
Defensive Holding 5 Main Menu and Franchise

I Have Heat Seeker and Ball Hawk Turned OFF

I played this game at least 5 different times in franchise, each time doing the proper save of profile after any adjustments. So thats how i am able to notice everything that is different.

Hard to watch palmer throwing the ball away as soon as you beat the lineman time after time. The rest looks pretty good.