View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #2902
packmanuk
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I'm trying to setup the coach schemes but can't get it to work. I press r3 on the cfm menu screen. I only get my coach and the option to create another coach. How do I edit other coaches ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
January 25, 2017 Update
The one thing that has been inescapable for me this year is that modifying gameplay sliders is just out of the question. Modifying the gameplay sliders just throws the entire engine out-of-whack. Normally, I would say, go for penalty sliders. While an option, I just feel that the game still plays better without them adjusted.

So...where does that leave us? Default gameplay and penalty sliders. Well, if you go with EA's definition of "default", the game sucks to be blunt. Fortunately, we have a few things up our sleeve.

Note: the terms MM and CFM are referring to Main Menu and Franchise Mode, respectively.

• MM injury slider from 10 to 50. I can't stress this enough; want to play 'flag football', keep this slider at 10. Want there to be some push by the d-line, some aggression by the players, set it higher. I've had it as high as 75; but much prefer the balance of 50 (matching the CFM value).
  • Gameplay assists. These affect CPU actions/tendencies as well. The best mix has been with both heatseeker and ballhawk turned on. DO NOT turn AutoStrafe “On” unless you want every single throw to be dead on the money.
  • CFM autosubs. Set all of these to 60 Out/80 In. Again, about balance and matching the main menu settings.
A couple of notes:
  • Don't just focus on play outcomes and animations, but also the ratings; especially in the pass rush. There is a huge difference between playing against a good O-line and a bad one.
  • Full disclosure, I am not totally happy with rotation. But, adjusting fatigue or autosubs affects too many things. I've made a conscious decision to not change these. Fatigue does work better when the XP sliders (yes, the XP sliders) are set to default. Don’t ask me why….they just do….
  • Finally, I've tested these on both 15 min and 9 min quarters; they work well either way. If you DO use accelerated clock, do not go below 20 seconds. If you do, the CPU will stop making audibles and adjustments at the LOS.
Coach Schemes
After more extensive testing on coach schemes, I have drawn the following conclusions:

- Just stay away from the balanced offensive scheme. The CPU will call the same plays over and over again....I think that this is the one that is most affected by the regular team playbooks not being as well-developed. I thought for a while that this was the run scheme until I had a couple of games where the CPU was just calling dives/4-verts the whole time.
- Schemes are more about formations/concepts used rather than run/pass ratio. Though, naturally, certain formations/concepts are more run-heavy or pass-heavy.
- You do not need to use generic playbooks....frankly, I recommend staying away from them as you lose some of a team's identity
- Most of the schemes really look to be mis-labeled. Here is my take on each one:

Balanced: Stay away!
Vertical: run-oriented offenses will use this...
Power Run: good for teams that run two back sets on occassion and short, controlled passing games...closer to West Coast.
West Coast: this one is really the balanced scheme...lots of formations/concepts used. Try playing against the Saints offense when they are set to this scheme...you really have to be thinking about mis-matches the whole time....very tough to stop.
Zone Run: This is your vertical scheme. Lots of shots, verts....basically, anything that has receivers running deep.
Spread: 90% of the time, teams will be in the gun or pistol

The following are my suggestions and what I will use. Feel free to change these around based on the above descriptions if you so desire.

Bears: Zone Run
Bengals: West Coast
Bills: Vertical
Broncos: West Coast
Browns: Vertical
Bucs: Vertical
Cardinals: West Coast
Chargers: Power Run
Chiefs: Spread
Colts: Zone Run
Cowboys: Vertical
Dolphins: West Coast or Zone Run
Eagles: Spread
Falcons: Power Run
49ers: Spread
Giants: Spread
Jags: West Coast
Jets: Power Run
Lions: Power Run
Packers: Power Run
Panthers: Vertical
Patriots: West Coast
Raiders: Spread
Rams: Vertical
Ravens: Zone Run
Redskins: West Coast or Spread
Saints: West Coast
Seahawks: Vertical
Steelers: West Coast
Texans: Zone Run
Titans: Vertical
Vikings: Vertical

To implement these, you can either do a 32 team CFM or the following:
Take control of a team's coach within CFM (hit R3 on PS4 with the CFM menus); select that team's coach....do not create a custom coach. Go to his scheme menu and change the offensive scheme (do not alter the playbook). Then, go to the far right-hand screen in the CFM menus and retire the coach. The coach will remain, you will only get the little story ("He will be missed...blah blah blah") and the changes will stick and you can do this over and over. I suggest doing this at the start of a CFM and then saving it as a "base" CFM file.

Sliders used (see image below)