View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #7065
Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

No matter how I word this post, I'm going to sound like an a$$, so my apologies if I offend anyone. I tried wording it differently to no avail. I really want to get my point across.

All-Pro: much closer to a true sim experience in terms of player ratings*, however very easy game play with light competition from the CPU.

All-Madden: much further from a true sim experience in terms of player ratings, however the game play is much more challenging in terms of competition from the CPU.

*If you're being honest and playing honest, you should go at least 13-3 or 14-2 on All-Pro, despite what team you're using, and that winds up being unrealistic as well. Unfortunately, that in itself is a knock on the "much closer to a true sim experience" that I mentioned above. I am going to try all-pro again at some point, but with jacked sliders; I put together a set that is heavily weighted to the scale of the CPU. For now, I'm rolling with my personal All-Madden set with two separate CFM's.

If you want real football, watch a game on tv. It's as simple as that. This is a video game, and no matter how you spin it, both All-Pro and All-Madden have pros and cons. Personally, I don't see one as superior to the other. Neither one really gives you true simulated gameplay. You take out of it what you bring with you. Video games can only take realism so far. EA doesn't care about sim gameplay at the moment because that's not where they make their money.

It's no secret that I'm a Raider fan. I can use them in the 2016 season, and try to mirror exactly what they did during the season in terms of personnel and play-calling. But what's the fun in that? That's what I watched on Sundays, so why and I doing the exact same thing on a video game console? For me, I enjoy altering reality a bit, while trying to keep it somewhat realistic.

With that said, you should play Madden the way you like to. Flazko likes to play with Dallas exactly or very close to the way they do so in real life, while using All-Pro. Others like to take random teams and mix it up. Choose to play the game that will give you pleasure for the time that you are giving to it.

I don't see EA doing much more in terms of fixing Madden 17 at this point. The NFL season is over and they will be concentrating their efforts on other developments, including Madden 18.

My second child is due in less than 48 hours. So, I'm going to be signing off. Flazko, thanks for all of your efforts with Madden 16 and 17. Good luck to everyone - it's been fun. Until our paths cross again.
Advertisements - Register to remove