View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
Josh4
Banned

Josh4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES17 | Premier League Full Control

Welcome to episode 1 of our weekly review show. Brought to you every Tuesday morning. We will be reviewing all the top matches and headlines of the weekend and taking calls from fans about the league’s biggest stories.
Let’s start with Friday night's match as Leicester City played Everton. The night started out beautifully for Leicester as the fans had one last chance to celebrate their championship season before the New Year begins. But Everton got off to a hot start scoring first and dampening the crowd around the arena. But then it was all Leicester again as Mahrez had the goal of the week with a diving header and new signee Slimani had another top goal as he struck a volley from outside the box into the top corner. Everton added an own goal at the end giving Leicester the 3-1 victory. We have Clive on the line, Clive how was the atmosphere around the grounds and how do fans feel about the Foxes this year?

C: "Thanks for having me on, it was terrific, absolutely terrific around the park. Everyone was singing, even when Everton scored we sang and knew we had a chance to win. I think with Slimani helping Vardy and Mahrez staying with us, we have to be favorites to win the league again."

Favorites? Even over Chelsea, Man Utd or City?

C: "Yes of course. We beat them all last year and can do it again this year."

Wow big ambitions in Leicester but all the best Clive! Moving on we had the Saturday fixtures which saw 2 more own goals and one was the most horrendous own goal you will ever see. That came from Sunderland as the Black Cats went up 1-0 early after Jermaine Defoe scored on a rebound but 10 minutes later Sunderland found themselves down 2-1. A red card that led to a penalty made it 1-1 and then the own goal gave West Brom the lead right before half. Neither side scored in the last 45 minutes leaving it at 2-1 West Brom.
Sam, have you ever seen anything like that own goal?
S: No I haven’t. That was dreadful, just dreadful. Passing back to the keeper is a common occurrence for a defender, no excuse for that in my mind.
And the penalty?
S: Soft, very soft. I thought he hit the ball first but the ref was in a bad view and didn’t see it.
But the defense held West Brom to only 1 shot in the second half, even when you were down to 10 men.
S: I think we deserved a point honestly. But Defoe can’t do it all. How many times do we have to say that? Only chance of winning is if Defoe scores more than the other team. Period.

OK that and brings up to last night, the Monday night clash between Liverpool and Chelsea. This was supposed to be a good one but it was all Chelsea from the whistle as Liverpool never look interested. Let’s hear from some Chelsea fans about their new manager.
F: The way the boys play for Conte, you know they want to be there. You know they want to win. It’s refreshing to see.
A: Liverpool are supposed to be exciting and attacking. They looked dull and boring to me. Chelsea brought the excitement, we attacked and we pressed hard. Completely one sided match.

Liverpool fans, how do you feel about Klopp?
L: Embarrassing, shocked at the poor performance. This wasn’t a second team we put out there, it was our best side but we looked pathetic. No shots on target for the first 20 minutes? With the attacking power in our squad, that’s unbelievable.

Thank you everyone for calling in. That’s all the time we have for today but we will be back every week taking your calls from around the league.