Old 02-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #38
SUGATA
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Sitting in sidecontrol, GA just builds for no reason.
Nothing about that is realistic. It's purely there as a video game mechanic to "balance" the position. Balance the position with real mechanics, like transitions, and blocks, fakes, not under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

In Sprawl GA just builds for no reason.
Again, nothing about that is realistic.

Leaning back to "slip" strikes builds magic GA for no reason.
Ducking a hook and shooting a takedown makes sense. Leaning back, avoiding a jab, and shooting a takedown does not. You will never ever see a guy shoot a takedown IRL after leaning back. Takedowns need to be about timing, not an under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

Baby punches building up a magic GA
Nothing realistic about that. I understand throwing a strike to set up or distract so you can transition, or submission, but again, I can't stand the idea of an under the hood magic meter that just lets you do things.

Momentum Advantage is a great mechanics that reflects real life grappling very very well.

Grapple Advantage is only there to balance things that "can't be balanced with real mechanics"

1) and 2) - i think auto regain GA for sub fighter over time is explained in irl context by that it requires static pushing/holding the opponent which drain your capabilities.

3) BWD Sway as i know does not grant GA for swaying fighter, conversely it grant him Grappling disadvantage... which is realistic because his weight center is transfering backward.

4) Any landed strike distract the opponent and so gives you a GA on Ground _after_ hit, not during its execution, which instead gives u a grapple disadvantage).

Also, i love that GA is building up when in stand up u are close to the cage, this also i think is realistic.

So, i personally dont see any dramatic issues with realism in GA on the ground.

Last edited by SUGATA; 02-01-2017 at 03:11 PM.