View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
miz468
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7
Revisionist History - A WWE 2K17 Universe

NOTE: This is my first WWE Universe Mode playthrough, so I'll be figuring things out as I go. This is mainly a place for me to post my booking and hopefully get some input/discussion going. I'll be starting with Shane McMahon's pre-WM32 return, and changing things from there. I'm gonna try to incorporate some of the real life storylines along with my fantasy booking too.

It was a cold night in the WWE, and the Road to Wrestlemania had many potholes and bumps in it, but we were along for the ride regardless. After all, we love pro wrestling, even at its worst, and Vince McMahon coming out to present the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy Award (named after Vince, Sr.) to his daughter Stephanie, it was the worst of times. Then, when the first beat to "Here Comes the Money" dropped, everything changed. Shane O'Mac was back, and he was about to shake things up. Shane McMahon took over WWE due to a loophole in a contract he and his father had signed years ago.

Shane's first order of business was to change EVERYTHING. We were entering a new brand split. RAW (led by William Regal) and Smackdown (led by the recently retired Daniel Bryan), which was moving to Tuesday and going live, would have a draft to split all of the male superstars and tag teams amongst the two shows. Stephanie McMahon would lead a new show called WWE Revolution, an all-woman show with all female superstars in the company.

The belts were split as follows: RAW will have the World Heavyweight Championship and World Tag Team Championships, and plans to institute a Cruiserweight division with its own title in the near future.

Smackdown Live will be home to the WWE Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and the WWE Tag Team Championships.

WWE Revolution has the WWE Women's Championship as its main title, with plans to institute a secondary singles title and a tag team title in the future.

NXT has been changed from developmental to a fourth live show, airing on Wednesdays. It will be a show for talent from both RAW and Smackdown Live, who may not get much TV time on Monday or Tuesday, to compete outside of storylines and try to get over with the fans.

Of course all of this means that the plans for Wrestlemania had to be scrapped. Instead, we get the crowning of inaugural champions for these brands. The card is as follows:

- WWE Championship Fatal 4-Way: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. John Cena vs. Roman Reigns

- Eight-Man Tournament for the World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Dean Ambrose, Neville, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, The Miz

- WWE Women's Championship Triple Threat: Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

- Triple Threat Intercontinal Championship Ladder Match: Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

- World Tag Team Championship Match: The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper/Braun Strowman) vs. Lucha Dragons (Kalisto/Sin Cara)

- WWE Tag Team Championship Tornado Tag Elimination Match: The New Day (Big E/Kofi Kingston) vs. The Revival (Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder)
Advertisements - Register to remove