View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #1089
coach422001
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Hey guys! I've been testing CPU QB Traits and ratings for awhile now, it's been fun though.
Ive finally found something to get the CPU to scramble and do it successfully, yes, they can still get sacked, it's not robo qb like some may think.

I played vs Cam Newton and increased all of his physical attributes(speed, agility, trucking, acc,) +10
So Cam was basically high 90s in most of these areas when I did this.
I also set his QB traits to
Paranoid
Balanced
Scramble
Also gave the Panthers, Chip Kelly's PB. With Power Run Scheme.

I noticed right of the bat,
Cam reacted much earlier to pressure and would start moving up field much sooner than if he stayed in the pocket a second longer. He ended w/ 4 scrambles, 2 designed and 2 escaping pressure and 30yds rushing. He also broke a few tackles and was sacked about 3x on plays were he was trying to escape.

I really like seeing the qb have a chance to make more plays on the ground and keeping us more honest on D.
It's really bringing out the best in what the CPU can do with an athletic QB. Really cool stuff!
I wanted to ask if you thought maybe paranoid may help the scrambling, since if I'm Ideal, I most likely will know when to pass or throw it away, occasionally taking the sack. If I'm paranoid, I think the pressure is on and may try to run. Do you have him set to throw away or not?
I've already added 10 to the running attributes except I subtracted 10 from the spin move to avoid being in the open field and deciding to needlessly spin (I did the same with running backs). Try also the Run & Gun playbook and increase the number of Read Options (like more on first down) and you can get a running qb running at times. I've played a few games with Kapernik at QB with the boosts and the modified R&G playbook. He runs 9-10 times a game (including scrambling for a game winner). Unfortunately many of the Read Options are "Read" by the D too well. I did have a game with upgraded QB attributes where Mariota ran the R/O for a 55 yd TD. Once they get going they do seem more like running backs.

Try the same with Wilson and Kapernik and see how it goes. I have yet to get Wilson running as I would expect but I also didn't have him on Paranoid.

The issue with the scrambling as I've seen it is that the acceleration (first or second step getting away from the DL) is just not there even with a high acceleration. With the upgraded attributes I have seen QBs duck under sack attempt which I didn't recall before. It is still a work in progress but I think you're making the most lemonade you can with the lemon-like traits they gave us. Thanks for the good work.