View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #1090
D81SKINS
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I wanted to ask if you thought maybe paranoid may help the scrambling, since if I'm Ideal, I most likely will know when to pass or throw it away, occasionally taking the sack. If I'm paranoid, I think the pressure is on and may try to run. Do you have him set to throw away or not?
I've already added 10 to the running attributes except I subtracted 10 from the spin move to avoid being in the open field and deciding to needlessly spin (I did the same with running backs). Try also the Run & Gun playbook and increase the number of Read Options (like more on first down) and you can get a running qb running at times. I've played a few games with Kapernik at QB with the boosts and the modified R&G playbook. He runs 9-10 times a game (including scrambling for a game winner). Unfortunately many of the Read Options are "Read" by the D too well. I did have a game with upgraded QB attributes where Mariota ran the R/O for a 55 yd TD. Once they get going they do seem more like running backs.

Try the same with Wilson and Kapernik and see how it goes. I have yet to get Wilson running as I would expect but I also didn't have him on Paranoid.

The issue with the scrambling as I've seen it is that the acceleration (first or second step getting away from the DL) is just not there even with a high acceleration. With the upgraded attributes I have seen QBs duck under sack attempt which I didn't recall before. It is still a work in progress but I think you're making the most lemonade you can with the lemon-like traits they gave us. Thanks for the good work.
It was set to On.
I'm thinking we have to go to extremes on the CPU Qb's athleticism just so they can attempt to make more plays w/ their feet.

Here's Cam's ratings & traits after the +10 on each

14864847288981643242390.jpg

1486484850563-2113893972.jpg

1486484946793-542402667.jpg

Stats on next post