View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #1105
coach422001
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Last night I tried:
Hoyer (Chi): no ratings boosts, ideal pocket presence vs
Bridgewater (Minn): no ratings boosts, paranoid presence.

Each QB ran just once. Both were sacked 2 times. Neither did much of what I would call scrambling.

Then played:
Kapernick (SF): 10 point boosts to spd, agil, acc, elu, bcv, car; ideal presence
Wilson (SEA): Same boosts, paranoid presence

Kapernick ran 5 times, including a TD run, and rolled/scrambled out of the pocket on several occasions
Wilson ran 4 times, escaped a sack, ran several design roll outs (waggles) and ALMOST ran in for the tying score (SLID at the goal line on 4th as time was expiring).

Then played:
Osweiler (Hou): No boosts, Paranoid presence vs
Mariota (Tenn): Boosts to skills, Paranoid presence

Mariota ran once but didn't appear to be as mobile I I would expect. Osweiler did try to run once but was caught behind the line.

It isn't trending that paranoid trait is going to trigger more runs. The other issue I see is that when the QB starts to 'scramble' even when boosted he is looking down field, so his animation is moving more slowly than the defense around him. Once he does turn into a runner it is like watching a running back when boosted. If they would get past that animation faster we'd see more scramble/throws or runs. As previously mentioned, the 'tuck and run' trait would be beneficial here.

I will try tonight to give a BALANCED QB with ratings boosts the SF playbook. I am not sure why Kapernick is the one QB that I consistently see running the football. I may get that with boosts on Newton too as others have indicated. But I also want to see if the playbook has something in it that may be running QB friendly (for example, more rolls to the right side). If I saw Cousins run more using SF's playbook then there may be a combo of playbook/plays/attributes that will get more mobility.
Really wish they put back in the tuck & run trait and this would all be moot.
Advertisements - Register to remove