View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #1130
burth179
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Don't draft the DE. Those scouted skills are gash. He'd be a major statistical outlier if he is anything more than about 72 OVR tops.

Be wary of converting HBs to FB as he's unlikely to have the necessary blocking skills. You'll need to train him up in that department which is an expensive upgrade and FBs are tough to get points for. I'd say it's a big risk. Plus the tool isn't too good with FBs compared to other positions because my sample size of data is a lot smaller. So don't read too much into a high TVR here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I agree that is why I asked him whether he actually ran and threw to the fullback. If you are using him strictly as a blocker then it would not be worth it surely.

But if you are drafting him with the intent of using him as basically an RB2 that lines up at fullback, it doesn't really matter how good his blocking or what his OVR says. If you set the type to "runner-receiver" it doesn't weigh blocking as heavily on the OVR either. But even if it's low I'm not sure it would matter.

You could also just leave him as a RB and not even convert him also (but just play him at fullback)

Last edited by burth179; 02-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.