View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
combo87
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Issue with CPU press coverage

I wish I had a solution. One of hundreds of flaws currently.

This one is nearly a game breaker though. I've tested with pass coverage and pass reaction both at 0, 50, and 100 with combinations of 0 threshold and 100 threshold. Press coverage never worked. Even with 80-85 speed/acc wideout against a 99 speed/acc CB, receiver gets a step 9/10.

But, slants, outs, and flags are the same way. Even with shading, coverage is just dismal.

At one point I was building a nice spreadsheet for criticism on coverage but after 500 attempts it was clear that there is some "random" stuff happening that no ratings and sliders can fix. Very hard to test when the game is so inconsistent.

I've just accepted the fact that with no competition, we get what we get. I just don't call flyes, crossing routes, outs, or slants. I have a predetermined progression each play too.

It's a lot of work and almost too exhausting for a casual video game. I'm bordering on "this game is just too bad to be spending this much time and effort on" and "nothing will ever compel EA to give us an authentic simulation mode, so this is all you have and make lemonade, somehow".