View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #3148
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

OK....so I've been rather quiet the last few days. This patch has been both a blessing and a curse. What is making this patch difficult to assess is that the lineplay reflects ratings SO much better, that there is an inherent variability overall...this is a beautiful thing but also makes observation critical in understanding why something trends a certain way. This basically means that any stat-based observations from a sample size smaller than 4-8 games is completely meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty much impossible to totally jack the gameplay; but the old set just doesn't play the same. The issues:
  • 49 IBB is causing more issues than it helps. EA did a tremendous job on the lineplay with this patch (it is EASILY the best it has ever been). At default, linemen get to the second level well, there is a dynamic push, etc. At 49, they push too far upfield and/or release too quickly...it de-syncs things too much. Solution: CFM IBB back to default
  • Ballhawk "on" is leading to CPU QB hesitancy and checkdowns. Pretty self-explanatory. Solution: turn it "off".
  • With ballhawk "off", this just causes some oddities in pursuit...Solution: turn the other assists "off".
  • CPU RBs just not running hard...the dynamicism we were seeing is just not there. It took me a while, but realized the issue was the MM injury/fatigue sliders at 1...they are functioning differently. Solution: Set to either 0/0 or the default 10/50.
As I adjust to this patch, it is clear to me, that you could fire-up a fresh profile on AP, adjust your quarter length, turn off assists, set CFM autosubs to 60/80 and get a terrific gameplay experience. Now, I also like what I have seen from setting MM injury/fatigue to 0/0; I think it is a bit less "warpy" and "suctiony". Until we can build-up some meaningful sample size, I am leaving these two options to personal preference (and honestly, I have no idea which way I will go....). The updated setup is below....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (226.9 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.