View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #7662
Joshua_85
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I'm not too sure, I really don't alter the desired contracts too much that players want. Usually what they want I try and give it to them, if I want to keep the player but feel he's asking for a little too much I'll try lowering his salary and raise the contract length to an extra year so he gets the money he wants to stay but I can give him that money in smaller amounts throughout a longer contract. If a guy asks for 10 million for 2 years, that would he 5 million a year but instead I'll try getting him for 4 years for 2.5 million. That way I keep him and he gets the amount he wants, plus it helps my cap room from year to year. I'm not the best with contract knowledge so maybe that video will help but I manage to get players I like in free agency and keep some players I don't want to lose. I know that Players Contracts come out of Cap Room and the Available Funds is for coaches / assistants contracts and for other funds other than players.
Yeah this is why I think it's a bug. If I give the player his overall money he wants, it shouldn't matter if it's more salary or more bonus. It should always affect the cap the same. I understand how the contracts work which is why this is confusing me.