View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #7747
Flazko
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
They should factor in the super-human endurance some players have. TD still plays at a high level and hasn't mentioned retiring yet. TB says he wants to play even longer. Yes if you take their ages and history into account you can assume they might retire. But when you factor in their level of play as well as their real life actions and what they've said in real life, it doesn't feel realistic to make them retire so soon.

I think this is something the game should factor in. If in real life, it looks like they aren't going to retire anytime soon, code that into the game. If a player in the actual game is still playing at a high level even at an age he should retire, he should play longer and possibly give hints in the game they are thinking of retiring and then possibly offer another contract to persuade them. I think that would really add to the experience instead of just "Oh well he's gone now". The game should take into account not all bodies are the same and even if they reach the age of possible retirement, some actually do play longer.
Although it sounds interesting, madden has so many other bigger issues that I don't think they care enough to address something like that. CFM is usually last to be updated it seems like. I personally don't think it's that big an issue, players retire and make room for young players to come in.