View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #7776
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
Yeah this is why I think it's a bug. If I give the player his overall money he wants, it shouldn't matter if it's more salary or more bonus. It should always affect the cap the same. I understand how the contracts work which is why this is confusing me.
I know I'm late to this conversation, but I worked a bit on salary cap stuff.

Signing bonus is prorated over the life of the contract against the cap. So a $5m bonus on a 5 year contract will count as $1m per year against the cap.

Salary is backloaded depending on the signing bonus. The bigger the bonus, the more money is pushed into later years.

There is a certain point that will produce what he was describing (low bonus/high salary=low cap number) because there are some other factors that decide how the salary is distributed over the life of the contract. It might be that your current future cap liabilities, but I had been moved to draft stories by the time that was addressed.

So anyways, point is, the CPU works out the year-by-year specifics of contracts and it can lead to odd looking results, but I've encountered no real bugs (and I was the guy who wrote up the CBA documentation when the new one was being implemented and designed the rookie reserve and rookie salary system, so I spent a lot of time on this.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.