View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
El_MaYiMbE
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

So I know there have been threads around here about the WBC and why SCEA does not have it in the game, but this is not that.

Assuming SCEA can get the license (I hope they are working on it) would you guys like to see the WBC added to the game? Would you like to see them take the effort to include the uniforms, build out the tournament logic, tournament commentary, and implement tournament rules?...but then not focus on DD, RTTS, or Franchise for one year as a result.

I am Dominican and I just got back from Miami and watched the Dominican Republic vs USA....and I have to say I have never seen a more exciting baseball game in my life.

I have grown up a Yankee a fan and have been to playoff games and have seen a lot of great players play, but the WBC seems to be EVERYTHING the All-Star game isn't and I would like to experience that in MLB The Show, and I do not mind them not updating a certain mode one year to include this.

I would like to see it implemented as a stand-a-lone tournament that can be played and I would like to see it in RTTS and Franchise, but more in RTTS.

It would be awesome to have your RTTS player be invited to the WBC based on performance in the 4 years leading up to the event.

One thing SCEA would need to add is WBC eligibility to the edit player screen. For example there are 2 US born players on the Dominican Team (Betances and Manny Machado) but their parents are from DR. There are also many other examples on other teams.

So while MLB The Show has the player's birth place today, they should add a WBC Eligibility option that can be edited to make sure players born in USA can still play for the country their parents are from. I figure making that an editable field is easier than trying to figure out everyone's family tree.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-13-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove