View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #430
papinho81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqm123
If I remember correctly, isn't there a league that isn't involved in the ML? Or that can be omitted.. I can't really recall.

Either way, I've had some issues with tactics for Guardiola's Barcelona. I used Barcelona tactics from Klashman as a starting point. The issue is with the tactical options. Tiki-taka is an obvious one. However, with short passing, attacking through the centre, the full-backs become very narrow. Alves, particularly, was an always-available out-ball, wide on the right wing. In possession, I've pushed him to a very advanced RMF position. But he's constantly coming infield. I want him on the wing. I tried using the 'hug the touchline' option. This keeps Alves wide, BUT it also keeps the forwards - Pedro, and Villa, wide. They should be relatively narrow, ideally making runs into the half spaces between full backs and centre backs. Even if assigned the SS role instead of WF, they still move very wide, right on the touchline, when this setting is used.

So there's some inaccuracy either way. Either the full backs come too narrow, which loses out on a key feature of the team - Alves providing width - or I use 'hug the touchline', in which case too many players, forwards and midfielders, all flock out to the wings...

Any suggestions?
Do not use side midfielder to emulate attacking full backs. They always tend to tuck inside the pitch instead of eating the space available on the wing. Keep them as full back pushing them as high as possible (before they change into SMF) and make sure they have the offensive fullback style. That way they will behave more like you want even if you are using the attack toward the center.

You can have a look if you want at the tactic I made recently for the current Barca:

Spoiler

It was before they switched to the 343 formation. I tried to make their new tactic without success. They were too vulnerable in defense.