Old 03-28-2017, 12:51 AM   #2
awffltony77
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Has anyone tried default all-pro since all the new patches fixed game, if so how is it and do you use 80/60 autosubs?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Yea. Infact I gave it a massive run. Here are my thoughts on the matter:

Actual "Default"
"Default All Pro with so & so's auto subs and this guys penalty sliders....oh, and threshold at 70 ect....." While thats all and good, that isn't default.

So I went with straight default, 8 min no acc, 10-50-50/50-50-50, and (gasp) the still odd 50/49 CFM auto subs.

Ball Hawk, Heat Seeker and Auto Strafe "On", switch assist "Off".

All penalties 50, ect.....

With that, its clear to see that this is what the developers intended people to play on. The game IMO runs sharp, and the CPU AI Run Game hits holes hard and deliberate, something I see so much opposite in most "default" sets. But this masks an issue I wasnt able to solve, and thats the Auto Strafe being on.

This, for whatever reason, kept everything the AI did streamlined. But sadly it also caused both AI and HUM passes to be ungodly robo. And if you turn it off, the whole AI attack unwinds, and you start seeing the RB's sprint directly into DL being blocked, or actually hitting a hole and needlessly deciding to perform a studder step, or juke, or something dumb. I could never find the balance.

And the other issue was just an utter lack of rotation with 50 FTG and 50/49 auto subs. But there is something there, plenty challenging. I wish I could have gotten it settled, as I'd love to play and be passified by straight default settings, which would kill off the slideritus I have suffered from all season with this game....