BrianU
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: '17 Moonshot HR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Update:

Unfortunately my above theory doesn't seem to be holding up as well for user vs. CPU testing as it did for CPU vs CPU. Even with zeroing user solid hits I hit 5 homeruns in 3 innings with Boston (2 with Mookie Betts) and all were 450+. It works okay to allow the CPU to hit some normal-looking HR's but it can't stop the user from squaring up the PCI and destroying the ball.

So the power slider might be the only option after all. It WILL fix the long HR issue guaranteed, but I hate having to move it because it will lower the apparent hitspeed/exit velos. The HR's will look normal, but the numbers will look less than you'd expect relative to how far the ball is traveling. Kinda ruins the ShowTrack effect.

You can still hit the ball really hard with power lowered if you square up, so I doubt we'll see a huge XBH decrease from that. But I'll play around with it in some actual games to see what happens.
SDS always puts in big effort in patches, when the initial release settles down we should make a coordinated effort to tell them to look at this it's the only major issue with gameplay imo