Old 03-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #15
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The plan isn't to change what we're doing in text-format at all, if anything with the new CMS backend we'll have we can do more with text. But we do want to expand our multimedia offerings.

Generally just because we mention we want to do more of one thing doesn't mean we're changing what are already doing.
Fair enough, it is always difficult to please everyone. As long as the writing staff isn't downsized to allow for more "on-air" talent it is all good.

My concern with the e-sports is that currently OS is my go to site because its reputation is that of a sim community. The sports take precedence over the video game part. It is not as one sided as it has been in the past, but it can still be said that this site caters to the (mostly offline?) sim style community. Trying to mix in e-sports worries me because I don't think a site can successfully cater to both. If you are doing both there may come a time when you would have to chose, and the smart business decision is hands down to go with e-sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove