View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #1229
cable guy
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just popping in to say that after more extensive testing, I'm floored by how much more organic and engaging the OOTB experience is.

The CPU is much more competitive and intelligent, even on AP, with OOTB settings.

Basically, this year, they made a sim game straight out of the gate and they made the CPU lethal on AP. They built HUM and CPU QBs to miss throws, receivers to drop balls sometimes, injuries to be a significant part of the game, and the overall AI to adapt to what you do--on All Pro at near default sliders.

I strongly believe that what happened is this: people complained that the game was hard, and they dialed back all the things that made the game competitive on AP out of the box. They made CPU QBs too accurate; WR/TE too reliable, especially in traffic; coverage too loose to be effective, and the CPU offensive and defensive AI generally less intelligent and responsive. And I think most of these changes were pandering to the MUT/tournament crowd.

I'm now in a position to be able to play this game till fall, but I'm also worried that next year, they'll make the game less sim OOTB in order to "correct" for this year's experience, where the development team got dragged for basically making a good football game.

For the skeptics out there, if you haven't given this a go, please do!
I agree with Everything you said 100%. Right down to my worry that they will not put the game ootb in 18, as they did this year.

I'll take it a step farther and say this is right there with the best sports video games I have Ever played. Without patches of course. It's seriously is a sim experience.

Edit: Finishing up my current season with patched version. While playing very good, with highly adjusted sliders. It's not ootb I'll be back here Asap!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by cable guy; 04-03-2017 at 04:00 PM.